Our school intent encourages children to be active and caring members of our school and wider society. We want our children to have an eco-awareness on their impact on the planet and be active citizens in our community.
Our aims for the year fall into three categories:
- Support Mr Brannigan in the planning of our new ‘Secret Garden’
- Develop a gardening team
- Embed ‘WOW walk’ across all classes
- Reduce the amount of vehicles around school at drop off/pick up times
- Take part in national initiatives regarding transport, i.e. walk to school week.
- Reduce food waste from lunch times
- Monitor and recycle paper waste
- Monitor gas and electricity usage to reduce wasted use.
The Green Team are leaders in working towards these aims and making our school more eco- friendly. They undergo a range of tasks and activities which limit and recycle waste appropriately, monitor and analyse our energy use through Eco Driver.
Please find our termly newsletter below for the latest Green Team updates.