Our school intent encourages children to be active and caring members of our school and wider society. We want our children to have an eco-awareness on their impact on the planet and be active citizens in our community.
Our aims for the year fall into three categories:
- Develop a gardening team
- Embed ‘WOW walk’ across all classes
- Reduce the amount of vehicles around school at drop off/pick up times
- Take part in national initiatives regarding transport, i.e. walk to school week.
- Reduce food waste from lunch times
- Monitor and recycle paper waste
- Monitor gas and electricity usage to reduce wasted use.
The Green Team are leaders in working towards these aims and making our school more eco- friendly. They undergo a range of tasks and activities which limit and recycle waste appropriately, monitor and analyse our energy use through Eco Driver.