The Sports Premium allocation for St Alban’s Catholic Primary School in 2019/2020 is £18,630
Total projected spend in 2019/2020 = £19,070
- Boys from year 3, 4, 5 and 6 now make up the school Football Team participating against local schools.
- Girls participating from year 3, 4, 5 and 6 now make up the girls school Football Team, having reached the semi-final during the 2018-19 school year.
- There are now a wider range of after school clubs across Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2, this includes Football, Dodgeball, Athletifun, Gymnastics & Dance.
- Sports specific lunch time clubs run by sports coaches and teachers this includes Table Tennis club, Netball club and Multi-skills club.
- Open dance sessions for children during lunch times with over 75% of children in KS1 and KS2 participating one lunch time per week.
- Inter school table tennis tournaments across KS2 and matches against local schools.
- Daily afternoon fitness sessions across KS1 and KS2.
- Re-design of the school curriculum map and assessment tool, refining progression across year groups in relation to skills.
- After School club provision for KS2 to link with school games programme.
- Practical observations of all teaching with PE lead and Specialised Sports Coach for the school year
- Just-Jog is happening once per half term and a visible improvement in pupils fitness.
Areas for further improvement and baseline evidence of need:
- Creation of Sports Leaders programme for Year 6 to lead activities for Key Stage 1.
- Creation of Key Stage 2 dance fitness sessions with a specialist dance teacher.
- Building a wider range of inter-school competitions such as Tag-Rugby, Dodgeball and Rounders.
- Raising the profile of P.E and Sport in school by the school parliament having ministers for Health, Sport and Recreation.
- Look to add a wider range of sports to the schools after school club choices.
- Attend more school competitions across a range of different sports.
Academic Year: 2018/19
Total fund allocated: £19,885