The Sports Premium allocation for St Alban’s Catholic Primary School in 2018/2019 is:
£19,885 (Grant for 18/19 = £18,350) (Brought forward from 17/18 = £1,535)
Total spend in 2018/2019 = £19,900
- Boys and girls from year 3, 4, 5 and 6 now make up the school Football Team participating against local schools.
- There are three after school clubs for football across Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.25% of Key Stage 1 attend the after school football club. 20% of Key Stage 2 attend after school football club. This is a 90% increase compared to last year.
- Creation of sports specific lunch time clubs and 20 children have joined the lunchtime netball club.
- Open dance sessions for children during lunch times with over 75% of children in KS1 and KS2 participating one lunch time per week.
- Team teaching with class teachers across Key Stage 1 with assessment date recorded through video to show key teaching points.
- Gymnastics teaching from specialist coach for all children from Reception to Year 6.
- Inter school table tennis tournaments across KS2.Creation of after school table tennis club with matches against local schools.
- Daily afternoon fitness sessions across key stage 2 with 1 per week led by a coach.
- Re-design of the school curriculum map and assessment tool.
Areas for further improvement and baseline evidence of need:
- Implement fitness sessions across KS1.
- After School club provision for KS2 to link with school games programme.
- Creation of Sports Leaders Programme for Year 6 to lead activities for Key Stage 1.
- Video gymnastics lesson with coach to discuss key teaching points and terminology. Also look at progression across the year groups in relation to skills.
- Develop confidence and skilled teachers through mentoring and team teaching with PE Specialist.
- Building in planning and practical observations of all teaching with PE lead and Specialised Sports Coach for the school year.
Academic Year: 2018/19
Total fund allocated: £19,885
Please click on document below to see key indicator performance.