St Alban's Curriculum
St Alban’s is a Primary School covering EYFS, KS1 and KS2.
|Years 1 & 2||Key Stage 1||Infants|
|Years 3 – 6||Key Stage 2||
Our curriculum enables all pupils to be curious, enthusiastic and knowledgeable learners for life. It builds resilience, perseverance and independence and encourages children to take risks, solve problems and think for themselves. It helps them to become active and caring member of our school family and wider society.
We are constantly reviewing and developing our curriculum in line with the themes underlining our intent:
- We want a curriculum where learning is given purpose and subject skills and knowledge are applied meaningfully through real life experiences. For example, we want the children to learn about how to live sustainably in our world.
- We want to create citizens who combine their knowledge with the wisdom and understanding that comes from real life experience.
- We want them to go out into a 21st century world ready to engage with its many challenges and possibilities. To know they have agency and are able to play their part in their community as agents of change.
- Our school motto is Lead the Way. We want to build the children’s capacity for leadership from a young age so that they can go on to be leaders for a sustainable future.
- To empower the children and give them a strong sense of well-being, pupils are given opportunities to lead their learning, to present outcomes in creative ways and to be valued for the diversity of what they do.
- We want every child to achieve their potential, to achieve their very best outcome academically.
- We balance the need to measure attainment and progress with the meaningful application of learning, to bring learning alive and help the children to make sense of the world.
- We underpin all this with our ethos as a Catholic school. Weekly assemblies focus on our Gospel values applying them to real life situations and celebrating how we live these values during the week.
- We want to ensure that everyone in the school community feels safe, secure and supported.
We are the Voice
|w/c 13/01/2020||Launch of "Grow a Pound"||
Yr 3 - Kew Gardens
|w/c 27/01/2020||Shakespeare Workshops||
|w/c 03/02/2020||Children's Mental Health Week||
|w/c 10/02/2020||Safer Internet Day||